INFJ is considered to be the rarest of the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types, with only 2% of the entire population. Usually, these people are difficult to understand, but they are also highly emotionally intelligent and also really intuitive.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test took birth from the typological theories of Carl Jung, a prominent psychoanalyst. The test assesses an individual in 4 categories: Extroversion vs. Introversion, Sensing vs. Intuition, Thinking vs. Feeling, and Judging vs. Perceiving, and using these criteria, determines which category one’s personality fits. INFJs would be those individuals whose personalities favor the sides of Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging.
Below you can find some special features of an INFJ:
1. As an INFJ, you love being alone, but not for too long. You need to get together with your friends, a few people who truly understand you. Deep and constructive conversations with these close friends are your best remedy and hanging out with them gives you an energy boost.
2. You’re seen as a wise, spiritual and caring person. People ask for your advice and emotional support, as you are a people person who can actually feel the things happening around you. And you enjoy to see that you’re being needed by others. But sometimes you feel overwhelmed and want to be let alone for a while, because you’re an introvert.
3. When you really believe in something, nothing can stop you. The strongest motto of an INFJ is: ”The impossible takes just a little bit longer”.
4. As an INFJ, you’re always thoughtful, conscientious and kind. That’s why you consider others who are missing these qualities being even cruel at some point.
5. You care so much about the people in your life, but you don’t really show them as you likfe to keep your feelings for yourself. Most of the time you have troubles when comes about articulating your emotions and you’re not used to do it.
6. You are a learning lover for sure, especially when it comes about self-improvement, psychology, humanity and science.
7. An INFJ has the power to feel the mood of a room immediately and they absorb the mood of the people around you. That’s one of the reasons why you like to be surrounded by calm, centered and positive people.
8. You are a combination of quiet, shy, charming and fun in the same time, which is amazing. It depends on your mood and energy but also on the people around you.
9. You really want to know what’s happening with people, not just the usual small talk. You need to see the things that the others don’t and to understand what that person really thinks. You have a strong need to understand and help people around you.
10. INFJs usually state feeling different and lonely. Taking into consideration the fact that these kind of people are in a low number, they have problems in finding people alike and they usually feel like they are not understood.